Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Addi's Birthday

Addi had her fifth birthday yesterday. I can't believe my baby could be five years old. I don't know why I can't believe it she's been acting like she's 13 for the last year and a half.

This year I suggested that instead of having a big party that Addi just invite one friend to go do something special. She thought about it and then said o.k. mom, you need a break (she's a very insightful child).

So I took Addi and her friend Allie to the cutest little spa. The Spa is called Primrose Retreat and they have a little girls spa there called Spoiled Rotten. It was so darling! They had a catwalk and dress-ups galore. There was a t.v. screen at the end of the catwalk so the girls could see themselves while they wallked. They got pink hot chocolate and pink cupcakes served on prettty china with pink flowers. Both girls got their hair done, sparkly make-up and their fingernails and toenails polished. After all the pampering they could stay and play dress-up as long as they wanted. Addi said she wished she could stay there all day. But this is the reason I could never be a true blogger--I forgot my camera! These pictures are of Addi and Allie after we got home.
Last night we had a family party with cake and ice cream. I told Addi I would make any kind of cake she wanted and she picked the rainbow cake. After making, castle, dragon, pirateship, skateboard, sheep, pig and cow cakes this was quite easy and I was very happy about it.



Addi is way into barbies now and she got exactly what she wanted.

Thank you to everyone who helped make Addi's birthday special!



4 comments:

Shelly said...

Happy Birthday Addi! I am torn about the whole birthday party stuff too. It is a lot of work.

Crazy Lees said...

I saw a botth for Spoiled rotten...was it worth it? It looked and sounded like la ton of girl fun...Happy birthday Addi!
Such adorable children! I loved the cake..It reminded me of cheer bears tummy!

Linley and Austin said...

Wow, I want to go to that spa!!! Sounds like Addi had a geat birthday :)

Tolman said...

What a great day to have a Birthday! I don't know what is is about the 22nd of September but it sure seems special for some reason.
Love ya tonz!
Uncle Ben
Born Sept 22, 1975